Compounding is a way of customizing medication specifically for a patient's needs. Physicians may recommend compounding for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to:
- custom dosing of medications that are not commercially available in the prescribed dosage
- elimination of substances that a patient may be allergic to, including dyes or sugars
- required accuracy of dosing where measurement may be difficult (i.e., 2 grams of a topical cream)
- combining medications for convenience and ease of use
- adding flavor to an unpleasant-tasting medicine for ease of administering to children
- creation of topical creams to eliminate the need for oral medications
At Infinite Care Pharmacy, our goal is to offer physicians the ability to customize the needs of their patients - we understand that often, one healthcare option does not meet the needs of all patients.